Last Modified: May 21, 2018
What are cookies?
Cookies provide a convenience feature to save you time or tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize pages on our Websites, or register for the Subscription Service, a cookie helps us to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. When you return to the same Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the customized features.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, Podiatry Group of Georgia) are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognize your computer both when it visits the website in question and when it visits certain other websites.
What types of cookies do we use and how do we use them?
The specific types of first and third-party cookies served through our Websites and the purposes they perform. For a list of the cookies used by Podiatry Group of Georgia, see this page. For a list of the cookies our customers can use via the Subscription Service, see this page. These cookies include:
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Websites, Subscription Service and Mobile Apps and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Websites, Subscription Service and Mobile Apps but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Websites, Subscription Service and Mobile Apps are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our Websites for you.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Websites, Subscription Service or Mobile Apps through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
How can I control cookies?
In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.com. You may opt out by clicking here: http://preferences.truste.com/ (or if located in the European Union, by clicking here: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/). Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic advertisements.
Essential website cookies: Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Websites to you, you cannot refuse them. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings however, as described above.
What about other tracking technologies, like web beacons?
Do you use Flash cookies or Local Shared Objects?
Do you serve targeted advertising?
Where can I get further information?